- While accessing the User Profiles and Properties page in a SSP, you get the error: "An error has occurred while accessing the SQL Server database or the Office SharePoint Server Search service. If this is the first time you have seen this message, try again later. If this problem persists, contact your administrator."
- While accessing the "Search Settings page" in a ssp, you get the error :
"Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program"
- Try to access the search properties page in SSP.
If you get "An indexer is not assigned to the Shared Services Provider" error, then do the following:
Application Tab -> Create or Manage this farm’s shared services -> SSP context menu -> Edit Properties -> Assign the proper index server.
If you have an Index server already assigned, then go to step 2.
- Restart the search service on the Index server and all the WFEs.
Start -> Run
net stop osearch
net start osearch
- If you are still in the woods, check whether the Search crawler account has enough permissions access on the DB.
-Step1: Central Administration > Operations > Services on Server > Office SharePoint Server Search Service Setting -> Note down the Farm Search Service Account
- Step2: Go to Central Administration > Shared Services > Personalization services permissions -> add the account that you noted in the first step with Manage Uer Profiles and manage Permissions.
- If you get this issue after you just restored the farm, then open the config db table in the SQL server and look for the record that contains the id "1AAB936C-E65C-4829-9683-5CCF5BAB90B0" that points to the search service. If you do not get to see this record then insert a record with the same id and name.