Now we got the my site and fine with that. But, when you try to click on the 'my profile' link, you will get 404 error.
This is the reason why an aspx page (Person.aspx) is able to include and be browsable directly within the root.
My site settings(SCA -> SSP -> my site settings) shows the following config:
If there is a site existing at the root site not with the 'my site host' template, problem will arise.
Administrator has to plan for the 'my site host' site at the root site always.
- So, following are the possible reasons.
- There is a site created with a non 'my site' template(i.e team/publishing) at the root site.
- There is no personel site provider specified in the SSP - > mysite settings.
- SCA Admin created a my site host at http://servername:1234, but changed the personal site provider URL in the SSP -> mysite settings.
i.e, yo Admin changed the path of Personal Site Services from http://ServerName:1234/ to http://ServerName:80.
The site collection to which he moved the personal site provider, already has a site template(team/publish) applied to it.
- Any of the above scenarios, if a user connects to a My Site personal site that the user created in Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 and even though my site is created success fully , user will get displayed with the 404 error when clicking on the my profile link. Even the people serach scope will fail so. Coz, when you select 'people' from the scope and type the people name, possible matching users are displayed in the search results. Now, if you see the navigation link by clicking on the user name, it will be pointed to http://webappname/Person.aspx?guid=some number123445tyuuii776565
Check whether any team site/publishing site exists at the 'http://sitename/' location.
If there is no site, then create a my site host. If there is a team/publishing site existing, then follow the below procedure.
All we need to get is the URL structures,
- http://webappname/ExclusiveManagedPath/Person.aspx?guid=some number123445tyuuii776565
To achieve the second URL, follow the below procedure:
- create an exclusive managed path
SCA -> application management -> define managed paths -> type a name (e.g. mypath) -> select "exclusive" in the inclusion. Click OK.
- SCA -> application management -> create site collection -> select the web application you want -> select the managed path that you created in the step1(eg. mypath) -> select the 'enterprise' tab and select the
- Under Shared Services Administration, click Shared Service Provider (SSP).
- On the home page, click My Site settings under User Profiles and My Sites.
- On the My Site settings page, type the URL of the included path in the Personal site provider box in the Personal Site Services area.
Configure the options that you want for the other settings, and then click OK.
Note: If you have amy mysites already built, then you need to move the locations by stsadm command.
STSADM.exe -o backup & STSADM.exe -o restore
Error: "There has been an error creating the personal site" message:
Reason: The account that the My Site applicaiton pool is running under doesn't need any special Windows permissions. But it will need the dbcreator role in SQL Server.
Fix: So, change the identity of the my site application pool to an account that has the dbcreator role.