But, the team site's top link bar doesn't have the functionality by default.
Here are the steps to achieve the dropdown menu functionality within a team site.
- Locate the masterpage file for the page on which you wanna see the two level menu.
Usually it will be "default.master" unless some one has changed the masterpage.
- open the default.master in the sharepoint Designer.
Open the site in the Sharepoint Designer and access th masterpage located at "/_catalog/masterpage/default.master" from the folder list.
- If you do not have the sharepoint designer, then open the file directly from the following location: "C:\Program Files\Common Files \Microsoft Shared\Webserver Extensions\12\Template\Global\default.master.
- Locate the "SiteMapDataSource" node in the default.master code
<asp:SiteMapDataSource .. >
and replace it with:
- To get the dynamic menu loaed each time you access the top link,
< SharePoint.AspMenu >
and change the "StaticDisplayLevels" and "MaximumDynamicDisplayLevels" values to:
- If you wanna explore the sub menu to further levels, increase the MasimumDynamicDisplayLevels value to the value you desire. I guess, it is limited to 4.